However, with all the fun comes A LOT of hard boiled eggs. What's a girl to do? Deviled freaking eggs, that's what. Since we didn't have them at our MASSIVE Easter lunch, I decided that I'd make them for just the two of us. Well, they're mostly for me because I don't think the boyfriend will touch them. At all. Despite my promises that they are especially delicious.
Also, I feel like a grown-up now because I eat them with pickle relish. When I was little, I used to only eat deviled eggs without pickles-- I always had my own little container of deviled eggs at big family dinners. :)
So without further adieu: Deviled eggs. A classic. They're not fancy. Get over it.
Hard boiled eggs (I used 4)
Yellow Mustard (I used French's)
Mayonaise (I used Duke's Light Mayo)
Sweet pickle relish
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Peel your cooled hard boiled eggs.
2. Cut the hard boiled eggs in half length wise and empty the yolks into a bowl.
3. Mash up the yolks and add in mayo and mustard until creamy.
4. Add in about a tablespoon pickle relish. (If you don't like pickles you can skip this step or just throw in a teaspoon of the juice instead of the actual pickles.)
5. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remember that the condiments have a lot of salt so you may want to taste the mixture before adding salt.
6. Fill your eggs using a small teaspoon or a piping bag with a large star tip for those who are really into presentation or whatever.